Information from Why Christmas.com
The Christmas Pickle
The tradition of the Christmas Pickle has got to be one of the strangest modern Christmas customs, in that no one is quite sure why it exists at all!
In the 1880s Woolworth stores started selling glass ornaments imported from Germany and some were in the shape of various fruit and vegetables. It seems that pickles must have been among the selection!
For the rest of the story go to Why Christmas.com
Gift Bringers from Around the World
Santa Claus / Father Christmas in different Countries
Although Santa Claus/Father Christmas is the best known Christmas gift bringer, there are many different present givers in different countries around the world. Santa’s also called different things in different countries! Here are some of them!
- Afghanistan: Baba Chaghaloo
- Albania: Babadimri
- Armenia: Gaghant Baba / Kaghand Papa (Father Christmas or Father New Year)
- Austria: Christkind (a little angel like person)
- Azerbaijan: Şaxta baba (Grandfather Frost)
- Belarus: Sviaty Mikalaj / Святы Мікалай (St. Nicholas) & Dzied Maroz / Дзед Мароз (Grandfather Frost)
- Belgium: Sinterklaas/St. Niklaas (Flemish) or Saint Nicholas (Walloon) & Père Noël (Father Christmas)
For the rest of the article please go to Why Christmas.com
Have a great day! Hope
Clip Art from Bing.com