Happy National French Toast Day!
A great recipe from Blue Diamond.com
- ¼ cup almond butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1 cup plus 4 tsp. Almond Breeze Almond Coconut Blend almondmilk
- 4 tsp. mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 slices day-old Italian bread (½” thick)
- 4 large eggs; lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. butter or vegetable oil
- Toasted coconut; optional
- Syrup; optional
- Combine almond butter, 4 teaspoons almond milk, and 4 teaspoons mini chocolate chips
- Spread 4 slices of bread with almond mixture. Top with the remaining slices of bread.
- Whisk together remaining almond milk and eggs in 13”x 9” baking dish. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, soaking for 2 minutes per side.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter or oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place 2 of the sandwiches in skillet. Cook 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining sandwiches and butter or oil. Top with coconut and syrup, if desired.
Almond butter and mini dark chocolate chips sandwiched between golden slices of egg-battered bread – it’s a reason to roll out of bed! Be sure to use bread that is at least a day old – stale bread soaks up the tasty almondmilk-egg batter better than fresh. Almond Coconut almondmilk is delicious in this recipe – vanilla, banana and even chocolate varieties are also super tasty. For a decadent take, double the filling.
Have a great day! Hope
- Recipe from Blue Diamond.com
- Clip Art from ChiBird.com, Bing.com,
- Graphics Factory.com
- Quote found on Bing.com – from Two Yellow Bird Decor.blogspot.com